CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »
Some cards and owls shown here are still available for purchase, if you would like enquire if one is still available, please email me at the6bees@hotmail.co.uk! I accept paypal.


I now also make custom made cards and owls.
Soon to come are frogs, cats and bunnies!



02 September 2008

The Silent Rank

The Silent Rank

I wear no uniforms, no blues or army greens.
But I am in the military in the ranks rarely seen.
I have no rank upon my shoulders. salutes I do not give.
But the military world is the place where I live.

I'm not in the chain of command, orders I do not get.
But my husband is the one who does, this I cannot forget.
I'm not the one who fires the weapon, who puts my life on the line.
But my job is just as tough. I am the one that's left behind.

My husband is a patriot, a brave prideful man
and the call to serve his country, not all can understand.
Behind the lines I see the things needed to keep this country free.
My husband makes the sacrifice, but so do our kids and me.

I love the man I married.
Soldiering is his life.
But I stand among the silent ranks known as the Military Wife.


Annette (my favourite friend and fellow crafty RAF wife) sent me this today, substitute all the army/soldier/greens references for RAF/Airman and the greens for blues/desert combats and we are there!

Thanks bird x

Creatively Yours
Sally x

2 comments:

ella bella said...

beautifull poem Sally very touching.
hope you are well :)
hugs
Tracy x

Sue Shaw said...

Hi Sally
What a lovely poem.
We do all think about our troops and appreciate what they are doing. I think we should all spare a thought for you wives and children left at home. It is the thought of you guys that keep the troops going - so your job is just as important!
Keep your chin up chick!
Sue. x

Blog Widget by LinkWithin